Monday, April 1, 2013

Does It Really Get Better?

Today I am blogging at The Registered Runaway, a heartfelt and wonderfully written blog by a young gay Christian man. I was honored when R-squared (as I like to call him) asked me to write something for his new Open Letter series. Of course I said YES! Here is an excerpt:



Does it really get better?

That's a question I'm sure most of you have asked. Especially if one or more of the following is true about you today:

  • You identify as a Christian
  • You go to a non-affirming church
  • You are in the closet
  • Most or all of your family believe that being gay is a sin (or at the very least, unnatural)
  • You are trying to change
  • You have chosen a path of lifelong celibacy
  • You don’t know whether you want to be a Christian or not
  • You feel lonely and marginalized by either Christians or the LGBT community (or both)

Let me briefly share my own story with you, with the hope that you will realize the width, depth, and breadth of God’s love for you, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey...(read the full post at The Registered Runaway blog.)



No comments: